Enhanced online recruitment experience
In May 2017, the University of Saskatchewan will be launching a new online recruitment experience for hiring managers and for applicants both internal and external to the university. For managers, this will mean stronger online tools to manage candidates throughout the recruitment process in a more efficient and effective manner. For applicants, this online experience allows you to create your profile and quickly find the jobs that match your skills.
More information on specific details and changes to the recruitment process will be provided as it becomes available.
Electronic job submission (phased approach)
Beginning in May 2017, data entry for certain electronic job submissions (EJS) will begin to transition to ConnectionPoint in a phased approach, beginning with the College of Education and units under the Office of the Vice-President Finance and Resources. A phased approach allows ConnectionPoint staff and the university community time to ensure the process is working effectively for all parties before looking at a broader roll out.
Why are we exploring changes with EJS processes?
ConnectionPoint provides an opportunity to support the EJS process in a more user-friendly way that helps to connect many services and processes that are complementary, but historically not aligned. The information received through an EJS is a trigger to initiate many other processes that are integrated into the onboarding and off boarding processes such as: access to systems and professional development funds, enrollment in benefit and pension plans, keys and space. It also helps to deliver a positive user experience.
As a result of these changes, the goal is to:
- ensure the timely and effective co-ordination of job changes and leaves, which can often be complex and involve many units.
- support the employee onboarding process to ensure items such as benefits and system access are set up prior to an employee’s start date.
- support the employee off-boarding process to ensure items such as pension transfer, system access and benefits termination are taken care of.
- support the transition to semi-monthly pay and the new EJS submission deadlines that will accompany this change.
What is changing?
Beginning in May, faculty and staff in the College of Education and units under the Office of the Vice-President Finance and Resources will provide job information through new e-forms located in the ConnectionPoint PAWS channel for:
- hires and terminations of permanent and term CUPE 1975, CUPE 3287, ASPA, exempt, faculty and senior administration employees; and
- leaves and returns for all employee groups.
For all other colleges, schools and units, you will receive further communication this summer on when these changes may be implemented in your unit.
What is not changing?
At this time, units outside of the College of Education and the Office of the Vice-President Finance and Resource will see no change.
For the College of Education and the Office of the Vice-President Finance and Resource (pilot units), please continue to submit casual hires and terminations, job changes and casual hours for all other employee groups through the EJS in AboutUS.