We are continually reviewing and evaluating our services and processes based on feedback from the campus community. Our Process Effectiveness Team is constantly working on process improvement opportunities to improve your experience in utilizing ConnectionPoint services. Below are some more specific examples of what ConnectionPoint is currently working on:
Continuous improvement in targeted process areas in preparation for new case management system
The Process Effectiveness Team will be working on continuous improvement opportunities in targeted process areas throughout May and June in the following areas:
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Hire and onboarding support
In preparation for the new case management system (CMS) being rolled out as a coordinated effort with IT and ConnectionPoint, the Process Effectiveness Team will be working with IT, campus and users like you to test new services, collect feedback and design eForms to improve customer service. If you would like to test the new services and provide feedback for improvement, please contact us or watch for information around campus announcing UET sessions as they are scheduled.
Procurement card online options
Throughout the spring and summer, ConnectionPoint in coordination with Purchasing Services, will be investigating the feasibility of implementing online solutions for Procurement Cards (PCards) on campus. In October 2017, the University of Saskatchewan changed to Scotiabank as our PCard service provider. With this change, we are exploring online reconciliation processes and other automated process programs in the hopes of further streamlining operations while also reducing paper burden around the University. We will continue to keep you informed as these initiatives develop.
Notifications for Changes to Personal Information
We will now be sending email notifications to you anytime there are changes made to your personal information. These notifications will be a result of changes to:
- your name
- your phone number, and/or
- your residential address.
This notification is an added security measure and ensures your information is correct and up-to-date.
Introducing Jira Service Desk, the new ConnectionPoint Portal
ConnectionPoint is transitioning to a new online system to manage your requests. The new ConnectionPoint Portal, our service request system, will be available on July 3 and provide a more functional and user-friendly platform for faculty, staff and students. Many of the expanded features introduced with the launch of the new ConnectionPoint Portal are based on the feedback from members of the university community since launching ConnectionPoint in 2016. The implementation will begin in July with future enhancements planned to further improve your experience and ConnectionPoint service offerings. Thank you for your feedback and please continue to provide it via the Let’s hear it! button on connectionpoint.usask.ca.
What are the benefits?
Jira Service Desk, the new ConnectionPoint Portal, will provide the university community with enhanced functionality to submit and more efficiently manage service requests. You will notice an improved interface when submitting online requests, along with the following benefits:
- Ability to add colleagues to your requests, to make it easier for you to arrange coverage for vacations and EDOs
- Easier ability to route requests for approval and grant subsequent approval
- Update and add information to open service requests, with improved line of sight into your college/unit requests
- A number of new electronic forms (eForms) to replace current paper-based forms
- A more dynamic online Knowledge Base to search and share support resources
- Improved ability to track the status, sort, filter, and search your submitted service requests
- Improved system response time
The new eForms that will be available after July 3 include:
- Apply for a Travel Card
- Make Changes to a Travel Card Account
- Apply for a PCard
- Request a PCard Change
- Correct an EJS
- Extend a Term
- Request an Employment Verification Letter
- Request a Concur Guest Profile
- Service Income Requisition
- Create a Letter of Offer
- Assistance Scheduling Interviews
- Extend or Amend a Contract
- Liquidate or Cancel a Purchase Order
Wire transfer process
We are working on streamlining the wire transfer process. Stay tuned for information regarding these changes and when you can expected to see them!
Publishing ConnectionPoint service level agreements (SLAs)
We are working hard to gather information to better inform campus of ConnectionPoint services and service level agreements (SLAs). This information will provide clarity around things like:
- what services ConnectionPoint provides to campus
- how to access services provided by ConnectionPoint
- how long certain services are expected will take to complete
- what your role is in accessing services provided, and
- what ConnectionPoint's role is in completing your request.
Support for PSAC EJSs
ConnectionPoint is currently evaluating opportunities to support PSAC permanent and term hires, terminations and EJSs. More information will be provided as it is available.
Feedback session: Personal Reimbursement for Expenses Including Travel (TE) eForm
Sessions for the New Hire and Onboarding Services and Pay a Company Invoice eForms were held in September 2017 with a number of improvements made as a result of feedback from users like you. In the coming months, we will be scheduling a session for the Personal Reimbursement for Expenses Including Travel (TE) eForm for similar feedback and improvements.
Stay tuned for dates and locations!
More consultation and research are required on the following items, but we are continuing to work toward finding solutions based on suggestions from you on the following items:
- adding a save for later button on the eForms so you can save your work and return later to complete the request (currently, this is a limitation of our case management system, but we are investigating future options based on feedback from campus community)
- simplifying service payments to improve accuracy and timeliness of payments
- reducing paper burden of the PCard administration activities
Improvements to the Hire and Onboarding Services eForm and process:
- clarifying field input information
- adding and improving mouseover help text to provide more clarity in collecting information
Improvements to the Pay a Company Invoice eForm and process:
- streamlining multiple approval requirements
- use of radio buttons, which is a current system limitation
- simplify ongoing, repetitive payments
- fund number drop down option, which is a current system limitation
- increase system submission time (the time between when the request is submitted and the confirmation is received by a user), which is a current system limitation
- provide search and filtering functions in PAWS portal, which is a current system limitation